Jackdaw Research influences both consumer technology companies and the customers who buy their products, through a combination of media coverage, client work, and public writing that’s consumed by a variety of audiences.
Influencing consumer opinion through the media
We influence consumers primarily through the media. Jackdaw Research is regularly quoted in the press, including the following publications in the last few months:
- General interest and business publications including Bloomberg BusinessWeek, the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, LA Times, USA Today, and others
- Tech industry publications such as Recode, Computerworld, Information Week, Business Insider, and others
- Consumer-focused tech publications including Engadget, CNET, 9to5Mac, ZDNet, BGR, Mashable, Macworld, Wired, and many more.
A full list of press coverage for Jackdaw Research may be found here.
Influencing consumer tech companies through research and analysis
We also influence consumer technology companies, both through the business and tech press, as described above, and directly through our analysis. Our analysis is read at the following many others (with a number of which we also have commercial relationships), among many others:
- Consumer electronics companies including Amazon, Apple, Samsung, and Sonos
- Online and software companies including eBay, Google, Microsoft, Facebook, and Twitter
- Wireless, landline and TV providers including AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, Comcast, Charter, and others.
We advise some of these companies directly on strategy, product positioning, marketing, and the competitive landscape, including three of the largest consumer technology companies in the world and several carriers,. We have non-commercial relationships with others.
Influencing others through publications
Jan Dawson blogs at Beyond Devices, the Jackdaw Research blog, as well as at Techpinions. Many Beyond Devices posts are part of the Yahoo Finance contributor network, and Jan’s publicly available pieces on Techpinions are now being syndicated to Recode’s Voices section. Jan also contributes regularly to Variety and iMore. Between them, these outlets receive millions of visitors per month.